Hosted by Calibrated CrossFit!
(Click link above to register)
We are already 3 weeks out from the 2020 CrossFit Open. Last week, CrossFit HQ announced that registration for the 2020 CrossFit Open is now officially live, and if you’re interested in signing up, then check out this link.
Yes, I know it is not 2020 yet but for some reason they decided to call it 2020 OPEN…?
The Open Is for Anyone
The 2019 Reebok CrossFit Games Open is the largest fitness competition on Earth and an exciting showcase of the CrossFit community. Here, athletes like you, from all around the world, show up and push themselves further than they ever thought possible over a five-week period. Challenges, PRs and the unknown await!
People of all ages and ability levels can play, Rx’d or Scaled.
Calibrated CrossFit is keeping the tradition alive to host the Reebok CrossFit OPEN! Last year we were right at 100 members register! Can we do it again this year!???
October 10thkicks off five weeks of OPEN workouts. Talk with any of the coach’s to help get a game plan!
This year’s Open will span five weeks similar to previous CrossFit seasons, and begins on Saturday October 12th. The full five-week workout schedule can be seen below.
- 20.1- October 10thà14th
- 20.2- October 17thà21st
- 20.3- October 24thà28th
- 20.4- October 31stàNovember 4th
- 20.5- November 7thàNovember 11th
– Every week, workouts are released on Thursday evenings at 8 P.M. EST, and athletes then have the ability to submit workout scores until the following Monday at 8 P.M. EST.
– Workout announcements typically come in the form of ceremonious events where Castro announces the workout live, then top athletes take each other on head-to-head in a live broadcast streamed across the globe.
Why Register For The OPEN At Calibrated?
- It’s FUN!
– At Calibrated, we dedicate every Saturday morning to the Open workouts for all registered members. We assign heats, we print score sheets, we assign judges – we make it a big deal. But we also keep it fun. We chant unintelligible words and if we’re lucky we get to see Brittany Smith dance goofy. It immediately bonds us because it feels like we’re going to battle together in a light hearted way. We’re all nervous, but when we put our hands in the circle and yell at the top of our lungs, it is our buy-in to the team. It roots us deeper into our community.
- Yes, You Are Good Enough.
– Even if you cannot do the exact prescribed weight of any or most of the Open workouts, you will most likely surprise yourself with what you are able to pull off. The Open is about calling on the best in yourself no matter your current level. Most likely you are physically stronger than your mind lets you believe.
- It Gets You Competing Again
– Many of us competed as kids whether on an organized team or just racing siblings to the car. Some of you may have competed in college. When we become adults, we often feel like we need to retire that side of us. Sure, we compete for jobs and accounts and other “grown up” things, but more often than not, we have forgotten the thrill of physical competition. We may not be a win-at-all cost type – and this certainly is not the only kind of competitor – but there is something about putting yourself on the line that sparks inspiration.
Additional Info about Registration and Competing at Calibrated
- October 6thwill be the last day to register for the OPEN if you plan on completing the OPEN at Calibrated. First workout announcement is Thursday (October 10th). I need this 4-day grace period to properly plan and organize the logistics of this years open. We will be creating teams of 15-20 people this year. Each team will have a captain and Each week the team will be rewarded points for various things like….completing the workout, participating in the teams weekly theme, top scores in rx, scaled, and age divisions, etc. Most points are generated just from participation but there will be performance-based points awarded.
- Last year was the first year of creating teams. I came up with it a few days prior and needless to say it didn’t go as planned. This year will be simplified and weekly team scores will be posted at gym.
- The Heat & Judging Schedules will be posted every Thursday Evening by 11pm on our Calibrated “Members Only” Facebook page and our Website (WOD/BLOG).
- Heat Times will be from 8:00am – 12:30pm every Saturday. This may slightly vary each week based off the workout released!
- There will be NO regular Saturday classesduring the 5 weeks of the OPEN.
- Any registered athlete not able to attend the upcoming Saturday must email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday evening of each week to reschedule. If you do not email me by this time, you cannot reschedule.
- WE WILL NEED A LOT OF JUDGES! 30-40 judges will be needed and help things run smoothly
- 1-2 heats is all that is asked of you for the weeks that you can help out.
- Signing up to be a judge does NOT mean you have to judge every week. Just the week that is convenient for you!
- All that we ask of the judges is to be ready when your heat is called and to uphold the integrity of the standards of each workout.
- PLEASE EMAIL ME AT ARJUNA@CALIBRATEDTRAINING.COM IF YOU ARE A JUDGE OR WOULD LIKE TO BE A JUDGE!
- Being a judge just means you count someone reps and mark down there scores correctly.
- November 9th6pm-10pm @ Calibrated
- Time for the best party of the year!
- Potluck style food & drink. Bring family, friends, kids!
- Let’s unwind and celebrate making it through the Open!
- More details to follow!