2018 OPEN Announcements!
- Next Tuesday (20th) will be the least day to register for the OPEN if you plan on completing the OPEN at Calibrated. First workout announcement is next Thursday (22nd). I need this two day grace period to put together heat schedules and judges.
- The Heat & Judging Schedules will be posted every Thursday Evening by 11pm on our Calibrated “Members Only” Facebook page and our Website (WOD/BLOG).
- Heat Times will be from 8:30am – 12:00pm every Saturday. This will vary each week based off the workout released!
- There will be NO regular Saturday classes during the 5 weeks of the OPEN.
- Any registered athlete not able to attend the upcoming Saturday must email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday evening of each week to reschedule. If you do not email me by this time, you cannot reschedule.
- If you have a preference of what time you need to workout that morning or to reschedule because you cannot make it on Saturday email me by Wednesday of that week.
- WE ARE IN DESPERATE NEED FOR JUDGES!
- 1-2 heats is all that is asked of you for the weeks that you can help out.
- Signing up to be a judge does NOT mean you have to judge every week. Just the week that is convenient for you!
- All that we ask of the judges is to be ready when your heat is called and to uphold the integrity of the standards of each workout.
- PLEASE EMAIL ME AT ARJUNA@CALIBRATEDTRAINING.COM IF YOU ARE A JUDGE OR WOULD LIKE TO BE A JUDGE!
Why Register For The OPEN At Calibrated?
- It’s FUN!
– At Calibrated, we dedicate every Saturday morning to the Open workouts for all registered members. We assign heats, we print score sheets, we assign judges – we make it a big deal. But we also keep it fun. We chant unintelligible words and if we’re lucky we get to see Austin dance goofy. It immediately bonds us because it feels like we’re going to battle together in a light hearted way. We’re all nervous, but when we put our hands in the circle and yell at the top of our lungs, it is our buy-in to the team. It roots us deeper into our community.
- Yes, You Are Good Enough.
– Even if you cannot do the exact prescribed weight of any or most of the Open workouts, you will most likely surprise yourself with what you are able to pull off. The Open is about calling on the best in yourself no matter your current level. Most likely you are physically stronger than your mind lets you believe.
- It Gets You Competing Again
– Many of us competed as kids whether on an organized team or just racing siblings to the car. Some of you may have competed in college. When we become adults, we often feel like we need to retire that side of us. Sure, we compete for jobs and accounts and other “grown up” things, but more often than not, we have forgotten the thrill of physical competition. We may not be a win-at-all cost type – and this certainly is not the only kind of competitor – but there is something about putting yourself on the line that sparks inspiration.
Lying straight leg raise x 10/leg
Lying Straight leg lowering x 5/leg
Russian Step-Up x 5/leg
Theraband Squat @5511 x 4 reps
Quadruped Torso Rotations x 10/side
Warm-up Snatch grip deadlifts so that first set of 8reps is tough
A1. Snatch-Grip Romanian Deadlift @4011; 6-8 reps x 4 sets, rest 45-60
A2. Reverse Snow Angels (slow and steady); 20 reps x 4 sets, rest 45-60
A3. Banded Glute Bridges (from floor); 30 reps x 4 sets, rest 45-60
B. Complete rounds of 21, 15 and 9 reps for time of:
Hang Power Clean (135/95) (115/75 lbs)
Bar-Facing Burpees Over the Barbell